Posted by : Unknown Sunday, December 9, 2012



For this convention report I had the please sure of working with Adachi, the Director of Aniwave as her Convention Photo-booth Photographer! Well some very interesting characters passed though those doors i’ll tell you and being a photographer, I will be including many pictures that I personally took and also a view of the photo-booth pictures.
****Disclaimer****
the “professionally done” ones are not as good for the fact that I had none of my equipment I am use to, I was supposed to use hers, and also lighting in the convention center was TERRIBLE, so I apologize in advance. 
Anyone who has never heard of Aniwave don’t feel bad, not a lot of people have, but it is growing since it’s humble roots in the Wilmington Art Museum! about 500 people attended this years, which was a record breaking number for this small con!
Don’t be fooled though. This is a tiny con, but if you are after making friends and creating personal relationships, getting your foot in the door of convention volunteering, or buying unique items in the dealers room you should check it out. There were many people who it was their first con. I think that smaller cons are perfect for first conventions for the simple fact that you are not overwhelmed as you would be if you went to a giant con such as Katsucon, or even worse Otakon. Most people, especially veteran con goers will say “go big or go home” but for a first timer its not a good idea to have your first be a huge con or you will have a bad experience, be stressed out or lost. I mean hell I’ve been to 4 conventions and Otakon still is a stressor, fun, but a stressor. 
^pictured above is an adorable first time con goer, and first time cosplayer. I briefly had the pleasure of talking to her and her mother (not pictured) about their experience with aniwave. Here are her and her mothers thoughts, I will be referring to her as “Misa” cause that's her character
Well Misa and her mother told me that they were nervous at first cause they didn't know what to expect and also they didn't have a lot of time and money to put into cosplay, but no one gave them any crap about not looking exactly like the character. Its all about having fun. 
If its one thing that makes me PISSED is when people give cosplayers crap about their costume not being exact, or looking good or perfect. Everyone had to start somewhere and we should be uplifting them for cosplaying and trying, not tearing them down. 
So whether you are a cosplayer of many years, or a newbie at this, there is something for everyone at Aniwave. 
The panels were a bit disappointing in my opinion, but then again i’ve been spoiled by larger cons. For the amount of panels that were there in that aspect it was a pretty good turn out! I especially enjoyed Video Game Improv!
So now enjoy a few more pictures as I wrap things up!!
_________________________________________
Don’t forget make sure to follow us for more convention reports, video game reviews, anime reviews and after thoughts, otaku culture and more!
I promise you wont be disappointed!

This article was written and contributed by Liz High.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to My Blog

Popular Post

Blogger templates

My Blog List

Visitor

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

- Copyright © The ExtroInverse -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -